Ok, I file my tax for 2009 and claim the Making work pay credit for that year. So can I claim for 2010 year as well?
Sure. So long as you qualify in each year, you can claim the credit in each year. It’s not limited to just one year as your eligibility may vary from year to year depending on your circumstances. So, look at 2010 in a vacuum: it doesn’t matter for purposes of the credit whether you claimed it in 2009.
Like any good lawyer, I need to add a disclaimer: unfortunately, it is impossible to offer comprehensive tax info over the internet, no matter how well researched or written. And remember, I love my readers but having me bookmarked on your computer doesn’t make you a client: before relying on any information given on this site, contact a tax professional to discuss your particular situation.
- Ask the taxgirl: Passive Income and The Making Work Pay Credit
- Ask the taxgirl: Making Work Pay Credit & Tax Years
- Ask the taxgirl: Tax Return “Drafts”
- What *Not* To “ask the taxgirl”
- Ask the taxgirl: Almost Married