1 thought on “Ask the taxgirl: Employer Options for Childcare

  1. Sounds like the employer has already paid child care expenses, which must be included in box 10 of the employee’s W-2, and Part III of Form 2441. If no expenses are listed on the 2441, the amount in box 10 carries to Line 7 of the 1040 as taxable income. Like you say, it’s a sticky mess!

Leave a Comment