I was told that I would receive all my federal tax withholding for April, May & June. However, I just heard on the local news that it would only be $12 to $15, is that true?
Thanks for your advise,
The Making Work Pay Credit will decrease the amount withheld from your paycheck by the applicable credit amount. For most individual taxpayers, this means there will be approximately $12-15 extra in your check each week. This could vary, depending on your pay and number of exemptions claimed; affected taxpayers may see less money withheld but should not see more.
Like any good lawyer, I need to add a disclaimer: Unfortunately, it is impossible to give comprehensive tax advice over the internet, no matter how well researched or written. Before relying on any information given on this site, contact a tax professional to discuss your particular situation.
- Ask the taxgirl: Do I Have To Take The Making Work Pay Credit?
- Ask the taxgirl: I Don’t Qualify for the Making Work Pay Credit
- Ask the taxgirl: Taxable Income and Rebates
- Ask the taxgirl: 2 Years of Making Work Pay Credit
- Ask the Taxgirl: Withholding