If you live in Delaware, Illinois, New York or Rhode Island and file a paper federal income tax return, make sure you read the fine print: your service center mailing address has changed.
Taxpayers in Delaware, New York and Rhode Island will mail their returns to the IRS Service Center in Kansas City, MO. Taxpayers in Illinois will mail their returns to the IRS Service Center, in Fresno, CA.
If you use the envelope included with your instructions, you’ll be fine. Those envelopes have been updated.
Similarly, if you e-file, there’s no change.
However, if you’re one of those folks that write out your own envelopes, and you live in Delaware, Illinois, New York or Rhode Island, make sure you’re sending your returns to the right place. If in doubt, check the instructions in the paper tax package or on the web.
- IRS Cans Automatic Mailing of Tax Forms
- IRS Discontinues Automailed Tax Forms (Here’s How to Find Them)
- IRS Seeks Volunteers for Taxpayer Advocacy Panel
- The Poll Tax is Gone But…
- Tomorrow’s Tax Deadline Pushed Off For Some Taxpayers