Tax Day is just around the corner! Nobody likes writing a big check to Uncle Sam but there is some good news: Tax Day also means free stuff, promotions, deals, and specials. After you pop your return (or your extension) in the mail – hopefully with payment – kick back and take advantage of some of the promos and specials. More and more will be popping up so check back today and throughout the weekend (especially closer to lunch and again at happy hour).
Since there are so many great deals this year, I’ve separated them into three categories:
Be sure to check out all of the great deals. Over the weekend, I’ll highlight any updated entries for you to keep things simple. Here’s what’s on tap so far:
BEAUTY & HEALTH
- Eufora. On Friday, April 15th, the haircare brand recognized for its passion, integrity and caring for the professional salon world, Eufora, will be hosting a Ladies Night, offering 100+ complimentary blow-outs. During this Tax Day hair party, indulge in some much deserved R&R, after a long year of hard work and paying your dues. Not to mention, you’ll walk away with pro tips on how to recreate a salon-worthy blow out at home. While there will be no charge for the blow-outs, all tips given to our professional stylists will be donated to Childhelp, the largest organization dedicated to helping victims of child abuse, neglect, and at-risk children.
- Oasis. Oasis Day Spa NYC is giving back to hard-working offices all over New York City by offering 15% off of their normal outcall massage services. Who doesn’t need an “In-Office Spa Day?!” De-stress as our traveling masseuses take you away from meeting financial deadlines and put your mind at ease with Oasis’ luxury service. Some of the services Oasis can bring to you include Chair Massage, Hand Massage, Foot Massage, Express Manicures, Mini-Facials and Eyebrow Tweezing. If you’re not about Oasis coming to you, they would love to welcome your team to the spa!
- Planet Fitness. Planet Fitness along with HydroMassage®, is encouraging people to relax and de-stress by offering free HydroMassages beginning on Tax Day, Monday, April 18, through Friday, April 22 at all of its more than 1,000 locations. HydroMassage systems provide a convenient way to enjoy the relaxing benefits of massage by using a combination of water, heat, and massage in a bed or lounge. Planet Fitness members and the general public are eligible for a free HydroMassage. To redeem the offer (18+, valid ID required), visit PlanetFitness.com beginning April 18 to download the coupon. To find a Planet Fitness near you, click here.
HOME & OFFICE
- Legal Typist. For all you lawyers stressed out from too much work this tax season, LegalTypist is here to give you some relief! Use coupon code “tax” to upgrade from just a transcription account to a full custom workflow and get revisions, forms and data entry work done too!
- Office Depot. As tax day nears, Office Depot offers the best solutions for filing your taxes correctly and on time. Additionally, it’s also a smart time to clear the clutter while simultaneously protecting privacy. Visit this link to print a coupon for this free bulk bin shredding offer, which is valid through April 23 and can be redeemed at any Office Depot or OfficeMax stores.
- PDF Elite. PDF Elite is giving 20% discount on their flagship product PDF Converter Elite. The offer is valid only from April 11th to the 18th.
- Staples. Staples is helping customers get organized and protect their identity this tax season with free shredding. On April 18 – Tax Day – customers can bring their confidential documents and get their first 5 pounds of paper shredded for FREE at Staples stores across the country. According to the IRS, tax returns and all supporting documents including bank statements should be retained for a minimum of three years. After tax season, it’s important to protect important information by destroying sensitive documents that may lead to identity theft. To find a Staples store, click here.
- Total Hockey. Total Hockey, the Exclusive Hockey Equipment Retailer of USA Hockey, is offering a special for Breakaway members: the more you spend, the more you save through April 18. It’s like getting a second tax refund!
- Warehouse Skateboards. Warehouse Skateboards thinks you deserve a (tax) break. Receive a 15% deduction off your entire order on April 15 only! Use promo code TAXBREAK at checkout.
Note that many companies are choosing to run their specials on the more traditional Tax Day, April 15, and not the real Tax Day, April 18. Read carefully!
Please note that these specials are based on information passed along from companies and their representatives, as well as social media. While I’ve made every effort to make sure that they’re accurate, I haven’t been by each location so I can’t vouch for all of them. Remember, too, that many of these companies are franchises and may have different promotions or may not participate at all. If you’re concerned, give a quick call – or tweet – before you show up.
Some companies require a coupon or a “like” on Facebook and I’ve tried to link to those which do. If you are not sure, then err on the side of checking out websites (I’ve included links, where possible) first.
And if you have a lead on a Tax Day deal promotion, deal or special, let me know. You can tweet @taxgirl, post a note on Facebook, email me or just post in the comments below.
Thanks – and happy (tax) returns!
Last Updated on