As you probably know, 2010 is a key election year. In the Senate alone, there at least 36 of the 100 seats in the United States Senate up for grabs – talk about your shift of power!
The rhetoric is ramping up already and, as you’d expect, many of the real issues are getting lost. So I’m offering you the chance to speak your mind: tell Congress the kind of change you’d like to see!
Here’s the scoop: starting today, I’ll take guest post submissions for publication the week of August 30. You can take any position that you want but the post must focus on what you’d like to see change with respect to taxes – that can include financing health care reform, estate tax repeal, etc., but anything that’s clearly meant to be an “issue piece” about something other than taxes (i.e. abortion, gun control) will be disregarded.
Here are a few more guidelines:
- Posts need to be submitted in plain text format. The best way to do that is just cut and paste your piece in the body of an email. To cut down on the chances you’ll get caught in my spam filter, I ask that you do not send attachments.
- Posts should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, August 26, at 11:59 pm EST.
- While I’m hopeful that most pieces are around the 200-400 word mark, you can write up to 1500 words. And then I draw the line. Pieces longer than 1500 words won’t be posted.
- No swearing, no personal attacks, no bad behavior.
- If you submit something, you’re agreeing that the work is your own.
- One post per person.
And here’s the catch: there’s no contest. As long as you follow the rules, you’ll get posted. So, no stress, no muss, no fuss. I want to hear what you have to say.
And lest you think that no one is listening, I have it on very good authority that more than one high profile politician stops by the blog on occasion. Some of them even send an email or two.
So what are you waiting for? Warm up those laptops, glance around at work and make sure no one is paying attention… and write!Want more taxgirl goodness? Pick your poison: You can receive posts by email, follow me on twitter (@taxgirl) hang out with me on Facebook and check out my YouTube channel.