In a move that should surprise very few, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi confirmed yesterday that Congress is “unlikely” to approve an economic stimulus package that included tax rebate checks during this calendar year.
The Democrats are, however, still pressing for approval on their $61 billion “economic stimulus package” which includes relief for the jobless and expanding Medicaid provisions; that package as currently proposed does not include any tax rebates. However, Pelosi rejected the notion that she would pad the bill with tax cuts or other measures to attract GOP votes. Right, cause Congress would never tack things onto a bill just to make it pass.
- Is A Second Economic Stimulus Package On Its Way?
- GOP Counters Democrats’ Proposed Second Stimulus Package
- Obama Promises Stimulus Package – But No Word on Second Stimulus Check
- The Check Is NOT In the Mail: A Second Stimulus Package Has Not Been Approved
- Ask the taxgirl: Don’t Look for a Second Rebate Check in the Mail!