Ready to file your tax return? Nobody likes writing a big check on Tax Day, but there is some good news: April 15 also means specials, freebies, and deals. After you pop your return (or your extension) in the mail, kick back and take advantage of some of the promos and specials—everything from travel deals to discounted meals and cocktails.
More deals will be popping up so check back (especially closer to lunch and again at happy hour on Tax Day). To help you find them quickly, new additions will be noted with (NEW).
Here’s what’s on tap so far:
FOOD AND DRINK
- Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken. Trying to make Tax Day a bit sweeter, the comfort cuisine connoisseurs will be offering a Dozen Mini Doughnuts for $10.99 on April 15.No need to bring a copy of your form 1099 or even park your car: The Downtown Los Angeles location is now offering curbside pickup for all orders, Tax Breaks included. The Mini Dozen includes a sampling of the signature doughnuts: crème brûlée, PB&J, maple bacon, and vanilla. The deal will be available at both the Downtown Los Angeles and recently opened Santa Monica stores. For more, click here.
- BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse. BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse is celebrating the official end of tax season on Tax Day, April 15, by offering guests half off large deep dish or tavern-cut pizzas, available dine-in, take out or delivered. April 15 will also kick off three weeks of free delivery and no service fee on delivery orders viabjsrestaurants.com(offer ends May 5).
- Boston Market. On April 15, any guest who dines in-restaurant at Boston Market can get a $10.40 Tax Day Meal Special, which is a Half Chicken Individual Meal. You’ll need a coupon, which you can get here.
- Bruegger’s Bagels. Bruegger’s Bagels is bringing back its annual Tax Day deal. Guests can purchase a Big Bagel Bundle for $10.40, a $3.50+ “deduction” from the standard price. Each Big Bagel Bundle includes a choice of any 13 bagels and two tubs of cream cheese. Any guest who is a member of the Bruegger’s Inner Circle or who claims the offer at Brueggers.com can receive this tasty tax relief offer.
- Cachette 1907 at Le Pavillion Hotel. In New Orleans’ fashion, Le Pavillon’s recently reimagined Cachette 1907 bar, making its debut this April, will serve a signature 1040 Income Tax Cocktail for taxpayer relief. On April 15, 2019, Cachette 1907 at Le Pavillon will serve Income Tax cocktails for the special price of $10.40 to celebrate the close of tax season. Featuring a delicious combination of rum, pineapple, orange juice, and coconut cream, the unique 1040 cocktail promises to take taxpayers to a less-taxing time, free of the burden of taxes for another season.
- California Tortilla. On Monday, April 15th, customers can enjoy FREE CHIPS AND QUESO, with any purchase. Just come in and say “1040” when you place your order. One free small chips and queso per guest with any purchase. Valid in-store only on Monday, April 15. Not valid with any other offers; not valid with online or delivery orders. For more, click here.
- Divine Lounge. In honor of Tax Day on Monday, April 15, the Divine Lounge, located within the Ivy Hotel, 233 E. Ontario, will be offering Chicagoans and travelers alike a great opportunity to make the most of their refund—10% off their bill the entire day. The perfect place to raise a glass to finishing those taxes, Divine Lounge offers a full menu of inventive, handcrafted cocktails and delicious elevated bites in a chic environment. For more information, click here.
- Farmer Boys. Farmer Boys, the farm-fresh burger concept with over 90 locations throughout California and Nevada, is running a Tax Day promo: On Tuesday, April 15, participating locations will be offering TWO Breakfast Burritos or TWO Bell Ringer double cheeseburgers for $10.40 (regularly one for $6.99; $5.99) all day long.
- Great American Cookie Company. Like it or not, Tax Day is a necessity for Americans and Great American Cookies® will be making the day a little sweeter by offering one FREE Original Chocolate Chip Cookie to customers who stop by participating stores on Monday, April 15. No purchase or proof of completed taxes necessary. Deals valid only at participating U.S. stores. While supplies last. Limit one per customer during day of promotion. Valid only at participating U.S. stores. No purchase necessary. For more information and store locations, click here.
- Grimaldi’s Pizzeria. To make filing your taxes a little less painful this year, Grimaldi’s Pizzeria is offering a special deal this Tax Day. On April 15, guests can enjoy a Traditional Cheese pizza for only $10.40. This Grimaldi’s classic is a tasty combination of their secret recipe tomato sauce and hand-sliced mozzarella topped with Grimaldi’s signature cheese and spice blend, all baked to perfection in Grimaldi’s signature coal brick-oven. While supplies last at locations nationwide. (Offer not valid in New York, New Jersey or Connecticut.)
- Hardee’s. Hardee’s, known for quality you can taste, is offering FREE Made From Scratch Sausage biscuits on Tax Day, Monday, April 15, 2019—because you deserve a reward after all that filing! Consumers who visit participating locations between 7 a.m. and 10 a.m. (local time) can use the phrase “Made From Scratch” to redeem one free Made From Scratch Sausage biscuit (tax not included) per customer, while supplies last. Pair the Made From Scratch morning classic with Hardee’s NEW 100% Arabica bean Rise and Shine Coffee at just $1.59 for a large cup to jumpstart your day.
- Kimpton Solamar Hotel and JSix. Toast the end of tax season at Kimpton Solamar Hotel and JSix in San Diego with a $4.15 Kimpton Solamar Lager Beer or Rye Old Fashioned. This special is available on April 15.
- Ruby Room at Kimpton Onyx. Regardless of your tax bracket, the Ruby Room at Kimpton Onyx Hotel in Boston, Massachusetts, is offering several specialty cocktails guaranteed to alleviate the stress of paying taxes this year. After you write and mail that check to the IRS, stop by Kimpton Onyx hotel and enjoy one (or two, based on your return or lack thereof) of cocktails like the Capital Gains or the Long Form 1040. These specialty cocktails are served on $20.00 bills …. well, not real $20.00 bills but twenty-dollar bills made into currency coasters. Cocktails are available April 1-15, 2019 at the Ruby Room at Kimpton Onyx hotel. For more, click here.
- SAJJ Mediterranean: Health-focused fast-casual SAJJ Mediterranean wants to help you fuel up before you file. From April 10-15, SAJJ is offering $5 off all orders placed through the SAJJ Street Eats app. App orders are accepted at all 9 SAJJ locations throughout California.
- Schlotzsky’s. On Tax Day (Monday, 4/15), Schlotzsky’s is offering guests one free small The Original sandwich with the purchase of a medium-size drink and chips. Applicable at all locations nationwide (350+ stores in the U.S.). To find your nearest Schlotzsky’s restaurant, click here.
- Sonny’s BBQ. Sonny’s BBQ, a celebrated restaurant that serves BBQ slathered in Southern hospitality, is offerin’ up a sweet deduction to ease the pockets of tax filers. All-day on Monday, April 15, fans can visit any Sonny’s BBQ location for the Irresistible Ribs Special: Half-priced Sweet and Smokey or House Dry-Rubbed St. Louis Rib dinners, which include two Sidekicks and bread. Offer available for one day only on April 15, 2019, and does not require any coupons. Deal not valid for baby back ribs or all-you-can-eat ribs special. The meal is available for dine-in or take-out and will not require any coupons. For more information and to locate the nearest location for the Irresistible Ribs Special, visit here.
- Waitr and Bite Squad. On-demand restaurant delivery apps Waitr and Bite Squad are taking the pressure off mealtime with free delivery on Tax Day, Monday, April 15. Customers can order from their favorite local restaurant and get it delivered with no delivery fees when they spend $20 or more on food. To take advantage of the one-day deal, users can enter the promotional code “TAXDAY19” when placing an order on the Waitr or Bite Squad app, or online at www.waitrapp.comor www.bitesquad.com.
- White Castle. On Tax Day, April 15, you can take 15% off your order at White Castle. Not valid with any other coupons, discounts, specials or offers. Not valid on online orders or delivery. One coupon per customer per visit. Valid at participating Castles. You’ll need a coupon, which you can download here.
- Canary Hotel. Guests who check in to the Canary Hotel in Santa Barbara on April 15 can rest assured they are making the most of a tax day getaway with extra perks such as in-room phone chargers, $15 in-room dining credit, in-room Payday Cocktail upon arrival and personal concierge service. For more info, click here.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Miami. Guests who make a reservation on 4/15 for a future stay will receive up to 20% discount on room rates; 2-night minimum required. Also includes complimentary room upgrade upon check-in and complimentary breakfast buffet. For more, click here.
- Hotel Indigo Lower East Side. Hotel Indigo Lower East Side is cashing in on tax-season deals. Bless the forms away and escape to New York City to take advantage of Hotel Indigo Lower East Side’s Tax & Relax Package. Book a two-night stay by April 30 and receive 10% off all stays through September 4 (Labor Day). The promotion also includes early check-in/late check-out and complimentary one-category room upgrade (both based on availability) and a complimentary $10 daily food & beverage credit. Reservation requires full prepayment for the entire stay at the time of booking and is nonrefundable. Learn more and book here.
- Hotwire. From April 11-16, Hotwire is offering travelers $15 off $150 current Hot Rate Hotel deals just by using promo code TAXGETAWAY15. By pairing promo codes (like this Tax Day promotion) with already discounted rates, Hotwire helps travelers save even more on upgrades, frequent trips and experiences.
- Kimpton George Hotel. “File, Sip, Stay” at Kimpton George Hotel in Washington, D.C. To celebrate the end of Tax Season, for stays now through September 2, 2019, Kimpton George Hotel on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. will offer a “File, Sip, Stay”package, which includes a deluxe guest room available at a 14.95% discount (D.C. hotel tax removed) and a voucher for a complimentary glass of bubbles to be sipped at Bistro Bis, which is located adjacent to the hotels living room. Package is based on availability. Rates start at $160 per night plus applicable tax and can be booked by visiting, or by calling 1-800-KIMPTON to request the “File, Sip, Stay” rate. Book by April 30, 2019.
- Kimpton Hotel Palomar and Kimpton Hotel Monaco. Tax season is in full swing, and so is everyone’s stress level. We have a fun, new and aptly priced relaxation package at Kimpton Hotel Palomar and Kimpton Hotel Monaco in Philadelphia. Priced at $1,040, it includes an overnight stay in the Presidential Suite, a bottle of champagne to toast the end of tax season and an in-room couples’ massage to melt away any tax-related stress. Available from April 15-22. Must be booked 72 hours in advance through a private booking concierge, Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm (Palomar: 215.525.9430, Monaco: 267.386.9430).
- Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland. Kimpton Hotel Monaco in Portland, Oregon, is cutting a deal for those who need it most post-tax season: accountants. Simply show proof of profession (a business card will do) to a front-desk agent at check-in and the hotel will cover the taxes and fees on the nightly rate—with a drink on the house. The offer is available Tax Day through June 15, and cannot be combined with other discounts.
- Kimpton Hotel Pittsburgh. At Kimpton Hotel Monaco, show the front desk proof at check-in that you owed money on your taxes and have a bottle of red or wine sent up to your room for just $10.40. Available from 4/15-4/22/19.
- Kimpton Journeyman Hotel. “4.15 Tax Promo” at Kimpton Journeyman Hotel in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Tax season can be … taxing. Why not indulge in your refund and treat yourself to a weekend retreat: Book any suite and receive two complimentary drinks at The Outsider for $415, or Book the Presidential suite and receive two complimentary drinks at The Outsider for $1,415. Rates available Friday-Sunday the month of April; blackout dates apply + Subject to availability.
- Kimpton Marlowe. In Cambridge, Massachusetts, Kimpton Marlowe aims to lessen the blow of tax payments while making the process itself a little bit easier on your wallet. The hotel is offering a “10/40 EZ” package, available April 1-15, 2019. If a payment to the IRS is soon due, escape the angst with the 10/40 EZ package, which includes an overnight stay at just $10 above their Best Flexible Rate, a $40.00 three-course, prix-fixe dinner in Bambara Kitchen & Bar courtesy of Chef David Bazirgan, and a morning fruit and yogurt parfait to keep you level-headed, even if the thought of writing a check to Uncle Sam is making you dizzy. And to lift your spirits while a tax payment looms large, the hotel will be broadcasting “Funny Money” movies on their courtyard facade to greet guests as they arrive and check-in during the dates above. These are hysterical money comedies to make you laugh out loud on Tax Day, and they include Trading Places, The Blues Brothers and The Money Pit. Rates start at $299.00 per room, per night + taxes and gratuities. Subject to availability, April 1-15, 2019 only. Additional charges may apply. For more, click here.
- Omni Bedford Springs Resort – PA. Tax Day Love Offer – receive a certificate for a complimentary night to share with a friend! Book on 4/15 and stay 4/16–12/22/19. For more, click here.
- Orbitz. Orbitz is giving people a real refund by refunding all taxes and fees on hotel or hotel + flight packages booked on Tax Day (Monday, 4/15). To find out how to claim your reward, visit Orbitz.com/taxdayand click Book Now. Join Orbitz Rewards, or if you’re already a member, login into your account. Book a hotel or flight + hotel package. Check your Rewards account! Within 48 hours, users will receive a refund for the amount they paid in taxes and fees at the time of booking. The refund will be credited in Orbucks—a.k.a. travel dollars, equivalent to $1 USD—that can be used toward a future hotel stay on the site.
- Shelborne South Beach. The Shelborne South Beach is offering guests a “Taxation Vacation” discount to help people celebrate (and spend!) this year’s tax returns. Travelers looking for a deal can score 15.4% off reservations made on 4/15. In addition to the discount off best available rates, the hotel will also provide guests with a luxury private poolside cabana rental and complimentary bottle of champagne. Bookings must be made on April 15 for stay dates between 5/1-9/30. Reservations can be made online.
FAMILY, HOME & OFFICE
- Office Depot and OfficeMax. Purge the paper, clear the clutter and protect privacy this tax season with free Workonomy™ shredding services at all Office Depot and OfficeMax retail stores. From March 31, 2019, to April 27, 2019, customers can bring in up to five pounds of documents to shred free of charge. Customers must present original coupon, which can be found here, to cashier in-store at the time of purchase. The offer cannot be combined with Rewards Member pricing or Business Select Member pricing. To learn more, please visit officedepot.com/workonomy.
- Shoe Station. The Southeastern chain Shoe Station will offer customers in five states (Florida, Louisiana, Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi) tax relief on Sunday, April 14 and Monday, April 15. On these days only, the retailer will cover state sales tax and local taxes. The limited-time promotion includes accessories such as collegiate apparel, handbags, wallets, T-shirts, and hats. The limited-time promotion does not apply to online or prior purchases. For locations and hours, visit www.shoestation.com.
Please note that these specials are based on information passed along from companies and their representatives, as well as social media. While I’ve made every effort to make sure that they’re accurate, I haven’t been to each location and/or company so I can’t personally vouch for them. Remember, too, that many of these companies are franchises and may have different promotions or may not participate at all. Be sure to read the fine print. If you have questions about an offer, reach out to the company directly.
Some companies may require a coupon or a “like” on Facebook. If you are not sure, then err on the side of checking out websites (I’ve included links to the companies where possible).
Enjoy the day!