Who really benefitted from the economic stimulus plan?
Tax professionals for sure.
H&R Block, the nation’s largest tax preparer service, reported a banner quarter. The company prepared taxes for over 23.5 million clients – due largely to the rush for rebate checks.
This means that H&R Block posted a profit this quarter, which was good news for investors. Profits from the company were up more than $625 million for the same period last year.
So, at least someone is happy about the stimulus plan…
(Hat Tip: Talk Stock Trading)
- H&R Block Takes Hit, Announces Lay-Offs
- Commercial Tax Prep Giants Talk Merger (Well, One Of Them, Anyway)
- Tax Trash Talking Begins: Jackson Hewitt v. H&R Block
- Antitrust Suit Filed Against Top Tax Preparer H&R Block
- Three Letter Words That End In X