Author’s note: We have our winners! I’ll be reaching out to each of you directly via email. Thanks so much for playing along.
Earlier this year, the Investment Team at Forbes put together a series of primers – from taxes to employee benefits to life insurance and everything in between – on the 100 Things You Absolutely Need To Know About Money Before You’re 35. We were blown away by the reception and honored to be asked by readers to put the pieces together in a compilation. We listened and this month, we launched our e-book, which includes all 100 things in one easy reference: 100 Things You Need To Know About Money Before 35.
I’m thrilled to announce that it was one of Amazon’s best sellers Personal Money Management (and other categories) in the first week! To celebrate our success and to say thanks, we’re offering 20 free copies to our readers.
To enter to win, post one (or more) examples of your worst money mistakes in the comments below. It could be something as common as running up too much credit card debt or as bizarre as tossing out your Bitcoin wallet by mistake. It could as easy as failing to take advantage of your employer’s 401(k) match or as specific as overspending on Halloween (though can you really ever overspend on Halloween?). Money mistakes happen and they happen to all of us. Share yours for a chance to win.
Entries must be posted in the comments section for this blog post by February 24, 2016, at 11:59 p.m. EST. It’s just that easy. I’ll choose one winner randomly (using a number generator) out of all of the qualifying entries.
Be sure and read the fine print for more rules because, as you know, I’m a lawyer and I like rules:
- Post your worst money mistake in the comments section below. I love those of you who follow me on Twitter and Facebook but for this particular giveaway, tweets and likes will not be counted.
- Don’t panic if your comment doesn’t show immediately. If it goes to moderation because, for example, you’re new here, the time stamp on your comment is what counts.
- Pingbacks and trackbacks, while appreciated, won’t count for purposes of the giveaway.
- Enter as many times as you’d like but you must leave a different mistake/comment each time.
- No offensive language, no trash talk, no spam. I have standards, you know.
- I will notify the winners after February 25, 2016, via email. I must be able to contact you. That means you have to register with Forbes.com using a valid email address. I respect your privacy and I will not send you anything unrelated to your entry in this contest.
- To claim your prize, you must respond and redeem your prize code by March 3, 2016. After that time, the code will expire.
- Prize codes will only work for iBooks and can only be used one time.
- One free iBook per person – let’s spread the love around.
- By entering the contest, you agree that I may post any part or all of your submission including your name as a part of the contest announcements or promotions with the exception of your email address.
- I love my international readers but this giveaway is restricted to United States residents only. And of course, it is void where prohibited.
Last Updated on