Kelly acknowledges the statistics of life expectancy rapidly increasing, which seemingly results in more sandwich generation households. Sandwich generations are when a parent generation with children, also find themselves caring for elderly. Ultimately, these situations can lead to many challenges, including financial and emotional concerns, and everything else that comes with juggling two generations. This week’s podcast is incredibly beneficial in providing guidance, tips, and advice to help navigate the journey of living in sandwich generations.
What You Need to Know About Elder Law
Kelly invites Victor Medina to the show this week. Victor is an expert with elder law matters. He is a nationally recognized estate planning elder law attorney, focusing on estate planning, asset protection, retirement distributions and proactive planning. Victor is the founder of Medina Law group, a family solution-based law firm. Victor offers services to help families properly plan and guide their way through taking care of multiple generations at once. Tune in to hear all the important and often overlooked matters and advice that Kelly and Victor cover this week.
Listen to Kelly and Victor discuss taking care of two generations, including:
- Balancing Finances in Sandwich Generations
- Advice for Anticipated Long-term Care Facilities
- The Importance of Proper Planning and Help
- How Flexibility and Choice Leads to Beneficial Outcomes
- Truths on Home Health Care Fears
- Suitably Navigating Your Options
- Handling Premature Promises
- Sacrificing for Spouses During Last Moments
- How to Make the Most of This Journey
- Coping with the Burdens
- Think Broadly when Choosing Geography and Counseling
- Guidance on Commingling and Keeping Matters Squared Away Separately
- Defending and Documenting is Key
Kelly Phillips Erb created and hosts the Taxgirl podcast, your home for tax news, tax info, and tax policy. In each episode, she shares conversations about taxes, money, and the choices we make. Kelly is a tax attorney who works with taxpayers and tax practitioners like you every day. She helps folks out of tax jams, and hopefully, keeps others from getting into them.
To subscribe to the podcast (it’s free!) using Apple, Spotify, or your favorite listening app, click here.
Kelly’s Website: Taxgirl
Victor Medina: LinkedIn
Empowering Women in Retirement: Book by Victor Medina
New York Times Survey: Caring for Children and Elderly
Make it Last: Victor’s Podcast