Nobody likes writing a big check to Uncle Sam but there is some good news: Tax Day also means specials, freebies, and deals. After you pop your return (or your extension) in the mail, kick back and take advantage of some of the promos and specials – everything from travel deals to summer camps to cocktails.
More and more deals will be popping up so check back (especially closer to lunch and again at happy hour). To help you find them quickly, new additions will be noted with (NEW).
Here’s what’s on tap so far:
FOOD AND DRINK
- Bob Evans. This year, guests at Bob Evans Restaurants are also certain to save with a coupon for 30% off their entire purchase on Tuesday, April 18, the official end of tax season. Find coupon for download here: http://www.bobevans.com/taxday
- Boston Market. On Tuesday, April 18, any guest who dines in-restaurant at Boston Market can purchase a $10.40 Tax Day Meal Special. Offer includes a Half Chicken Individual Meal with 2 sides, cornbread, a regular fountain beverage and a cookie.
- Bruegger’s Bagels. Guests can purchase a Big Bagel Bundle at participating Bruegger’s locations for only $10.40. That’s a “deduction” of about $3.50! Each Big Bagel Bundle includes a choice of any 13 bagels from among Bruegger’s Bagels’ authentic, New York-style bagel varieties, along with any two tubs of 100 percent made-in-Vermont cream cheese.
- (NEW) California Tortilla. Finally finished giving up the green? Join California Tortilla on Tax Day free chips and queso* with any purchase. Simply use the password “TAX CRUNCH!” while ordering at your favorite California Tortilla location, and enjoy!
- Capriotti’s. Capriotti’s is an award-winning sandwich shop that remains true to their 40 year tradition of slow-roasting whole, all natural turkeys in-house every day to contribute to their signature subs. And for a limited time on Tax Day only, Capriotti’s will be offering free upgrades from small to medium size on all sandwiches.
- (NEW) Chuck E Cheese’s. This tax season, families can enjoy a guaranteed return at Chuck E. Cheese’s. For every large pizza purchased between April 18 and 20, guests can get one large cheese pizza for free. See more here: https://www.chuckecheese.com/tax-day-offer
- Daily Grill. The Daily Grill is an approachable, everyday restaurant featuring classic American dishes made from scratch. On Tax Day, try the Chop House Burger & Fries for just $10.40, with 1/2 lb. certified angus beef™ with lto, sliced pickle, cheddar cheese, 1,000 island dressing, topped with onion rings, served with peanut coleslaw.
- Firehouse Subs. Firehouse Subs is inviting guests to stop by to receive a Firehouse Subs 2017 Tax Day offer: free medium sub with the purchase of a medium or large sub, chips and a drink (valid April 18 – April 20). To redeem, guests may print or show the offer on their smartphone. Please CLICK HERE to view the full offer.
- Grand Hotel Minneapolis. SIX15 Room, located in The Grand Hotel, is picking up the tax all day, April 18th, on all menu items. Stop by for cocktail and bites!
- Grill on the Alley. Celebrate Tax Day amongst some of LA’s business elite with the special Grey Goose Martini special ($10.40) that will be served at the restaurant all day. A well-renowned steakhouse with a classic American menu to suit all tastes, The Grill on the Alley delivers unparalleled service in a sophisticated atmosphere. The Beverly Hills flagship location over 30 years ago, in Beverly Hills, California and since has become known to locals as “ … where Hollywood eats … ”
- Hungry Howie’s. Hungry Howie’s, originator of the flavored crust pizza with nearly 550 locations across the U.S., is celebrating the conclusion of W-2s and 1099s by offerings fans a special deal—buy a large 1-topping pizza at reg. menu price, get a medium 1-topping pizza for $0.18 using promo code TAXDAY. Deal valid for online and carryout purchases through 4/17 – 4/19 at participating locations. Offer not valid in Florida.
- (NEW) Kona Ice. To ease the pain of tax filing, Kona Ice is serving up a delicious cup of tax day relief for tense taxpayers in all corners of the country. On Tax Day, Kona Ice will be parked at post offices, tax preparation centers and businesses nationwide to hand out FREE cups of tropical shaved ice to all who stop by. The refreshing treat will ensure that there is no taxation without relaxation this tax season. To find a truck near you, tweet your zip code to @KonaIce and ask where you can find the Kona truck on #TaxDay.
- The Lobby Lounge at JW Marriott Chicago. The Lobby Lounge, set in one of the world’s most powerful financial districts, is offering two special cocktails on April 18, one for $4.18 and the other for $418, for those looking for that tax break or those celebrating an unbelievable refund: The $418 cocktail (pictured at the top) consists of the finest Louis XIII by Rémy Martin Cognac (from a bottle worth over $3,000), Demerara syrup, and a mint bouquet, served over shaved ice. The cocktail is then garnished with real, edible gold leaves. The Airmail, a $4.18 drink, made with Appleton Estate Rum, sparkling wine, and honey, and served with a dehydrated lime.
- Noodles & Company. From Wednesday, April 12 – Tuesday, April 18, Noodles & Company’s “File Online, Order Online” offer gives those who file their taxes digitally (and those who don’t!) $4 off any $10 purchase placed through order.noodles.com using the code “TAXDAY17” at checkout.
- Primal Cut. The Upper East Side’s newest, fully re-branded steakhouse, Primal Cut, is offering 18% off all menu items on April 18th, including the Japanese Wagyu A5+ New York Strip, Tomahawk Ribeye for 2, Lobster Truffle Five Cheese Macaroni, and much more!
- Public School on Tap. Public School is a chef-driven gastropub serving exclusively craft beer and delivers, “An Education in the Art of Food & Beer.” Settle in at any of Public School’s locations on Tax Day and order the Moody Burger & Fries for just $10.40. The burger is a twist on the classic, with balsamic onions, bibb lettuce, tomato, bleu cheese, horseradish aioli all placed on a brioche bun. Locations in CA, NV, CO, TX.
- Quiznos. To celebrate Tax Day, Quiznos is offering a 10.40 percent deduction off any purchase on April 18 to loyalty members. And, Quiznos Fans who download the Toasty Points loyalty app will receive a free 4-inch sub upon download.
- Schlotsky’s. Schlotzsky’s is helping ease the stress of Tax Day by treating guests to a FREE The Original Sandwich with a purchase of a medium drink and a bag of chips only on April 18. This ‘tax break’ will allow guests to enjoy the one-of-a-kind sandwich that started it all, featuring 13 fresh, flavorful ingredients served on Schlotzsky’s legendary Fresh-from-Scratch sourdough buns baked in restaurants daily.
- (NEW) Sonic Drive-In. You crushed your taxes, now it’s time to crush these Cheeseburgers. Get flavorful, tasty, Half-priced Cheeseburgers All Day Tomorrow, April 18th for Tax Day at SONIC. Single-patty cheeseburgers only. No Limit. Tax not included. Add-ons cost extra. Cannot be combined with other offers. Offer valid Tuesday 04/18/17, at participating SONIC Drive-Ins while supplies last.
- Sonny’s BBQ. Sonny’s BBQ will be offering their Irresistible Ribs Special (IRS) this year. All day, on Tax Day April 18, the country’s third-largest BBQ chain will be offering half price Sweet & Smokey or House Dry-Rubbed Rib Dinners (includes two sidekicks and homemade bread.) This is the fourth year in a row Sonny’s has offered its customers such a smokin’ good deal on Tax Day. Offer valid for Dine-in and Takeout. Dinner portions only. No coupon necessary. Does not include Baby Backs or AYCE.
- Tavern62 by David Burke. All day on Tuesday, April 18th, Tavern62 by David Burke on the Upper East Side will be offering ½ off all alcoholic beverages, including beer, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottles of wine to take the stress out of Tax Day!
- (NEW) World of Beer. On Tax Day, World of Beer is giving customers a refund. World of Beer is giving away a free beer to patrons. Even if you ended up owing the government you don’t owe them for one of their draughts.
- Caldwell Bed and Breakfast. Do you know a tired, overworked, professional tax preparer yearning to write off W-2 stress? The Caldwell House Bed and Breakfast in New York’s Hudson Valley has put together a getaway just for tax professionals. Stay one night at this award-winning country inn and get April 18th free. Your stay includes complimentary three-course breakfasts each morning, bottomless snacks, complimentary parking and free WiFi. Plan ahead and you can add on a massage to help with stiff calculator neck and carpel tunnel. Package costs start at $210 pretax, based on double-occupancy. This package is available from April 17-19, 2017.
- Hertz. Tax Day Just Got A Little Less Taxing. Reward yourself with 30% off the base rate of your next rental if you pay now. 2 days only (expires on Tax Day, April 18, 2017). Offer valid for rentals picked up at a participating U.S. Hertz airport location through June 15, 2017. Find out more here.
- Hotel Allegro (Chicago). “Tax-Cation” Package. Tax season can either be dreaded or welcomed. If you’re in the latter category, Kimpton Hotel Allegro has the perfect package to celebrate your refund from Uncle Sam. Enjoy a special percent off (17.4%) accommodations to cover Chicago’s Hotel Accommodation Tax, as well as a $25 daily food and beverage credit for use at 312 Chicago or Bar Allegro. Rates begin at $114/night. The package also includes a special “Payday” welcome amenity of Prosecco and chocolate gold coins. Bookable starting now to 4/18/17 for stays 3/18/2017 – 5/31/2017 (all days of the week); Blackout dates apply.
- Hotel Palomar Chicago. Staying at Hotel Palomar in Chicago on April 18? Take the edge off the stress of tax season and enjoy a complimentary cocktail from Sable Kitchen & Bar’s “Brown Line” menu. The four cocktails are big, bold and spirit forward—just the type of slow sipper you need after filing taxes. Sable is located adjacent to the hotel. Limited to one cocktail per guest; Cocktail vouchers will be handed out upon check in. Rates start at $189/night.
- JetBlue. This year, JetBlue is giving customers the chance to win a one-way flight with the first-ever JetBlue Tax Return Return Flight. Here’s how it works: (1) Visit JetBlueTaxReturnFlight.com before April 25; (2) Fill out the required fields and let us know if you owe money this year to Uncle Sam. Clicking “yes” will enter you to win a one-way flight; and (3) Wait to see if you win! We will notify you if you’ve won a one-way flight for your next trip on JetBlue.
- Playa del Carmen’s Mahekal Beach Resort. The Mahekal Beach Resort is offering a “1040” Deal, starting at $185/night — bookable April 17-28, 2017, for stays April 23 – December 22, 2017 — offering tax relief that keeps extra cash in the pockets with 25% savings! Whether looking for a way to spend your rebate, refund or remaining savings, everyone can kick-back and enjoy a much-needed break from the sting and stress of tax time.
- Schofield Hotel (Cleveland). All Schofield Hotel guests will be offered discounted menu items at neighboring restaurant, Parkers Downtown. Special menu items for $10.40 will be available exclusive to hotel guests.
- Viceroy Central Park New York. On April 18th, Viceroy Central Park New York (pictured above) will be offering a ONE day only sale of 18% off hotel rooms booked in 2017.
- Viceroy L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. On April 18th, Viceroy L’Ermitage Beverly Hills will be offering guests one cocktail and one appetizer for $18 from the Cocktail Hour menu – valid at the rooftop pool and in Avec Nous (ALL DAY!) – think Oyster Martinis, Truffle Fries, Foie Gras Crostinis, Moscow Mules, and more.
- Westin New York Grand Central Hotel, NYC. The Westin New York Grand Central Hotel doesn’t want guests to “feel taxed” during tax deadline time, so the hotel is throwing in the tax for free with a special promotion that offers a 15% reduction off pre-paid rates through December 31, 2016 when booked now through May 19, 2017. Starting rate is $169. Lodging taxes in NYC are approximately 15%, so the discount covers the tax! In the heart of midtown just steps from majestic Grand Central terminal, the hotel offers complimentary guided Manhattan runs with their Running Concierge, a modern design and signature Westin amenities. The Tax Break offer is valid for weekends (Thursday through Sunday). Use the rate plan TAXBRK when booking online at www.WestinNewYorkGrandCentral.com, just click “Offers”.
FAMILY, HOME & OFFICE
- Dr. Leah’s 30 Day Fast Track to Finally Achieve Your Goals. Looking to make a change and finally get on track post-tax season? Sign up for the 30 Day Fast Track here. Take advantage of the Tax Day sale and save more than 50%. Use the Promo Code TAXDAY at check out.
- Excel Summer Camp. Everyone gets a return this Tax Day with an Excel summer camps flash sale! Enjoy 18% off of Excel’s premier sports and dance camps with promo code TAX18 at checkout through Tuesday, April 18. With Excel Summer Sports Camps, your 3rd-8th grader can learn a new sport or master their favorite under the guidance of EA’s top coaches. Plus, daily optional swimming and special sessions on nutrition, wellness, and team building help your child progress while having fun.
- Office Depot & OfficeMax. Free bulk bin shredding of up to five pounds is available to help taxpayers dispose of private financial information. Visit officedepot.com/shredding to print a coupon for this free bulk bin shredding offer, valid through April 29 and can be redeemed at any Office Depot or OfficeMax stores.
- Planet Fitness. From Saturday, April 15 – Saturday, April 22, consumers can receive a free HydroMassage at any Planet Fitness location. De-stressers need only bring in a coupon available on PlanetFitness.com (starting April 15) before relaxing their cares away.
- Taxfyle. Taxfyle, the “done-for-you” tax app has a few last-minute deals available for Tax Day: Use code TaxDay18 for $20 off or 50Deal for $50 off.
- Zeel. Zeel is the first company to deliver five-star spa-quality massages to homes and hotels in as little as an hour. Not only does Zeel deliver massage in home, we work with companies to deliver massages to employees. Aside from the 3 extra days to file, customers can enjoy $25 off of their first Zeel Massage with code TAXDAY2017.
Please note that these specials are based on information passed along from companies and their representatives, as well as social media. While I’ve made every effort to make sure that they’re accurate, I haven’t been by each location and/or company so I can’t personally vouch for them. Remember, too, that many of these companies are franchises and may have different promotions or may not participate at all. Be sure to read the fine print. If you have questions about an offer, reach out to the company directly.
Some companies may require a coupon or a “like” on Facebook. If you are not sure, then err on the side of checking out websites (I’ve included links to the companies where possible).
And if you have a lead on a Tax Day deal promotion, deal or special, let me know. You can tweet @taxgirl, post a note on Facebook, email me or just post in the comments below.
Thanks – and happy (tax) returns!
Last Updated on