Remember last month when Secretary of the Treasury Timothy Geithner would not rule out a tax increase for the middle class to resolve our budget woes?
Well, apparently he’s changed his mind. Speaking this week, Geithner was asked the same question. This time, his answer was: “I don’t think so, no.”
So there you have it. Yes and no. (I still expect no.)
- Geithner Confirmed as Secretary of the Treasury
- Geithner Says “I’m Sorry”
- Leadership Shakeup At Treasury May Signal Change in Obama’s Fiscal Strategy
- Looking for Bank Bailout News?
- Obama Says No To Middle Class Tax Increase