It’s Getting to Know You Tuesday! Today’s guest is fellow mom and country music enthusiast, Gina Gwozdz.
1. Where are you now?
In my family room. I’m on my laptop responding to email while my husband, daughter and dog are watching TV.
2. What’s your official title and what does it mean?
Mother. It means I’m responsible for everything that goes wrong or doesn’t get done or is broken.
3. What books are on your night stand?
Another Day in the Frontal Lobe by Katrina Firlik
4. If you weren’t working in the tax profession, what would your dream job be?
The more I help clients the more I realize how much I enjoy teaching; thus, I think teaching is my dream job.
5. What’s the last movie that you saw (DVD or in the theatre)?
Night at the Museum
6. Tax is a huge subject. What’s your area of special interest?
I love doing corporate tax returns – revenues and total assets less than $5 million.
7. What’s the best tax or financial advice that anyone ever gave you?
Keep that receipt!
8. Coffee or tea?
9. Name five artists on your iPod (or mp3 player).
Brad Paisley, Tim McGraw, Gretchen Wilson, Toby Keith, Alan Jackson
10. What would I be surprised to know about you?
I’m really very funny.
11. What college did you attend (in what subject)?
University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) – I studied Computer Science
Lakeland College (Sheboygan, WI) – BA in Accounting
12. If you had the opportunity to make one change in the tax code tomorrow – an extra credit, a disallowed deduction, whatever – what would it be?
Completely separate all business and personal income tax returns. Have all businesses, no matter what their state liability protection, pay taxes at the business level (no more Schedule C,E,F and no more K-1s). This would greatly simplify individual tax returns and, in my opinion, help close the tax gap.
13. What’s the best thing on TV right now?
King of the Hill
14. What do you think Congress will repeal first: estate tax or AMT?
Estate tax, but my crystal ball has this huge crack in it and has rendered it’s advice less than trustworthy.
15. If Uncle Sam handed you a huge refund check right now, what would you do with it?
Buy a new car.
16. Biggest tax newsmaker: KPMG, Jenkens Gilchrist or Richard Hatch?
Jenkens & Gilchrist
17. And, other than taxgirl, what’s your favorite tax related web site?
William Perez, About Taxes – http://taxes.about.com
Thanks Gina! You can check out Gina’s blog here.
- None Found