It’s the Third Annual “Tax Filing Horror Contest” at taxgirl.com!
Have a horrible tax filing story? Car break down blocks from the post office? Ran out of paper in the printer? Dog ate your return?
Tell me your worst tax filing story – or simply complain about the thing you hate most about filing taxes – and win some great stuff.
Here are the rules:
- Post your tax filing horror story in the comments below. It can be as long or as short as you want. Please don’t include any personally identifying information that you don’t want made public (your AGI, address, etc.).
- Enter as many times as you like – but you must post a different story or comment each time. Linkbacks, while appreciated, don’t count.
- My normal comment policy applies (you can read it here). I have standards, you know.
- You must leave a valid email address (it will not be made public) so that I can contact you if you are a winner.
- Deadline is February 28, 2009, 11:59 pm EST.
We don’t judge here. Okay, I usually do. But I won’t this time. Instead, I will randomly select the winner from all of the qualified entries. TEN lucky winners will walk away with free software from Intuit. Intuit has donated ten versions of TurboTax Deluxe (online version) for giveaways. The cards include a pre-paid access code that will allow one federal and one state preparation and e-file of TurboTax Deluxe online.
Depending on the number of entrants, I might throw in some cool taxgirl merch, too.
In this economy, you don’t get much for free anymore. So what are you waiting for? Share your story – the worst thing that ever happened to you while filing your taxes – or the thing you hate most about filing taxes – and win big.
- None Found