The House of Representatives has voted to repeal $18 billion of tax breaks for oil and gas producers, as expected. The bill passed by a vote of 236-182.
The bill now heads to the Senate, where it will be more difficult to get a win. Even if it does pass in the Senate, the White House has threatened a veto.
- Bush to Veto Tax Cut Repeal for Big Oil
- GOP Blocks “Extra” Tax on Big Oil
- Senate Vote on Tax Deal to Happen Today
- Tax Deal Passes Senate Unscathed; Onto the House
- Boehner Fails To Push Through Plan B Before House Walks