Yep, it’s that time of year: free tax software! I have 20 access codes for free CompleteTax online tax prep software to give away to taxgirl readers, thanks to the good folks at CCH. Each code is good for online tax preparation and filing for one 2010 federal and one 2010 state tax return using CompleteTax’s top-level Premium MVP.
And here’s how the giveaway will work. Over the next several days, I will randomly post 15 tax trivia questions. The first reader to submit the correct answer wins.
Here are the rules:
- Post your answer in the comments section on the corresponding post. Answers on Facebook and Twitter won’t count (but see below).
- The first correct answer wins. Don’t panic if your comment doesn’t show immediately. If it goes to moderation because, for example, you’re new here, the time stamp on your comment is what counts.
- Guess as many times as you’d like. Even if you don’t know. My normal comment policy applies (you can read it here). I have standards, you know.
- You must leave a valid email address (it will not be made public) with your guess so that I can contact you if you are a winner.
- If there is no winning answer for a question after 24 hours, that question will be void for purposes of the contest. I want to make sure that I give away all of these free tax prep codes in time for folks to get their taxes done.
- One winner per tax season. Really. Feel free to keep guessing if you’ve already won (you know, for the ego boost) but only one free software package per person.
- And like Judge Judy, my ruling is final.
I know what you’re thinking: I said I had 20 codes but only plan on doing 15 tax trivia blog posts. Since I love my Facebook fans so much, I’m saving 5 codes to give away on Facebook – still a trivia contest, same rules apply.
- Tax Trivia Giveaway #3: Form 1040EZ
- Tax Trivia Giveaway #1: Top Tax Rates
- Odd Taxgirl Trivia
- More Odd Taxgirl Trivia
- Fun Tax Facts