Ask The Taxgirl: Co-signer For Tax Loan

Taxpayer asks:

Dear Taxgirl:

Does H&R Block allow you to use a cosigner for Emerald Advance?

Taxgirl says:

Emerald Advance is a prepaid card for your tax refund.

I don’t work with this kind of product, so I don’t know the details. To get your answer, I went right to the source. According to an H&R Block spokesperson, applications for Emerald Advance are for individuals, and there is no co-signer or co-applicant. If married, both spouses can apply. Here are the full terms and conditions:

Before you go: be sure to read my disclaimer. Remember, I’m a lawyer and we love disclaimers.
If you have a question, here’s how to “ask the taxgirl.”