I received a lot of feedback via email and twitter on the story that I posted about the IRS stance on taxing employee cell phone use. Yesterday, I was advised that NPR ran a story about this very issue on Thursday. While I didn’t hear the story on the radio, I did read the NPR piece on their web site – you can check it out here. I also listened to the piece on Media Player – you can listen to the piece here (it’s about 3 minutes long).
There’s also a link on the same page to a really interesting bit on memorable cell phone history… There are clips from the movies “Wall Street” and “The Devil Wears Prada”, as well as the TV show, “Sex and the City” and “Star Trek.” And of course, it wouldn’t be a commentary about cell phones without a picture of Paris Hilton and her ubiquitous fashion accessory (as above)…
(Hat Tip: Wayne, thanks dad!)
- What’s next, a tax on each sip of office coffee?
- Dialing Up Trouble: IRS Tries to Enforce Cell Phone Fringe Benefits
- IRS Fights Back on Cell Phone Issue
- IRS Talks Cell Phones Again
- Ask the taxgirl: Cell phone deductions