Admit it, as you were getting your tax stuff together this year, there was a whole lot of muttering. Maybe even some mumbling. You probably swore to yourself that next year, things will be different. Next year, you promised yourself, you’ll be more organized.
There’s no need to wait until next year to get started, though… Neat Company and taxgirl are teaming up to help you do a little spring cleaning right now. We’re offering one reader their own NeatReceipts and one reader their own NeatDesk.
With NeatReceipts (and NeatDesk), you can scan all your paper receipts and save them digitally. You can even assign a tax deduction category (medical/dental, travel, etc.) to each receipt. The result? Less clutter, more organization. Cool, right?
And it’s simple to win. To be entered to win, just answer this question: What’s the messiest spot in your house or office – and why?
We’ll choose one winner for the NeatReceipts and one winner for the NeatDesk randomly out of all of the entries. Here are some additional rules:
- Entries must be posted in the comments section below by 11:59p.m. EST on April 24, 2010. Don’t panic if your comment doesn’t show immediately – if it goes to moderation (because, for example, you’re new here), the time stamp on your comment is what counts.
- Due to shipping considerations, only those residents of the US and Canada can enter.
- You must include your full name and your email address with your entry. I won’t publish your email address, but I do need contact information for the winning entry. I respect your privacy, and I will not send you anything unrelated to your entry in this contest.
- By entering the contest, you agree that I may post any part or all of your submission including your name as a part of the contest announcements or promotions, with the exception of your email address.
- The decision of the judges is final and in our sole discretion.
- Enter as many times as you like – but you must post a different comment each time. Links and pingbacks while appreciated, don’t count.
- My normal comment policy applies (you can read it here). I have standards, you know.
- If you want to include a photo, that would be fun. However, the comments section doesn’t allow attachments – so just link to flickr or twitpic or wherever your photo is posted. Just be judicious. Remember, my mother could be reading.
Unlike last year, I’m not going to judge entries (well, not out loud anyway). Maybe I’ve been watching too much Ellen DeGeneres on American Idol but I feel the need to be nice – and since I can’t simply compliment you on your outfit, I’m dismissing with the judging altogether. So random winners. No pressure. What are you waiting for?