It’s that time of year: tax season trivia!
Over the next several days, I will post tax trivia questions at random times (thus making it more fair for my east coasters, west coasters, and everyone in between). The first reader to correctly submit an answer for the respective question wins.
Here are the rules:
- Don’t panic if your comment doesn’t show immediately. If it goes to moderation because, for example, you’re new here, the time stamp on your comment is what counts.
- I love my Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest followers and fans but for this particular giveaway, social media comments will not be counted. Ditto for emails. You must leave your comment on the blog at this post.
- Timestamps apply whenever you leave your comment, not when your comment is approved. If your comment goes to moderation, don’t panic. A comment waiting in the queue will still qualify.
- Guess as many times as you’d like, but you can only win one prize for the duration of the giveaway. You’re welcome to continue to guess after you win but after you win one prize, you’ll just have the right to say that you knew the answer first. That doesn’t get you much these days but you’re welcome to it.
- Keeping that in mind (the whole one winner per contest rule), don’t give up just because someone else has posted the correct answer. They might not be eligible to win (again).
- If there is no winning answer for a question by July 15, that question will be void for purposes of the giveaway.
- My normal comment policy applies (you can read it here). Offensive comments or comments that otherwise violate the comment policy will be deleted and will not be considered valid for purposes of the contest. Similarly, pingbacks and other links will be disregarded for purposes of the contest.
- I will need your full name and your email address: be sure to use your real information when you register to leave a comment. I won’t publish your email address but I do need contact information for the winning entry. If you win and I can’t reach you, it’s a forfeit.
- Due to shipping considerations, you must have a valid United States address. Sorry, Canada, eh?
- I respect your privacy and I will not send you anything unrelated to your entry in this contest. By entering the contest, you agree that I may post any part or all of your submission including your name as a part of the contest announcements or promotions, with the exception of your email address.
- Like Judge Judy, my determination is final.
- If you aren’t allowed to participate in giveaways because of the laws in your state or your age or an agreement you’ve made with your mother, consider this giveaway not applicable to you. In other words: void where prohibited or restricted.
Have fun and good luck!